..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Frustrations.
BlogMenu

Apr 24, 2008

Frustrations.

So quickly life can go from la te da wonderful to arg frustrating.

Yesterday, I was about to throw my computer out the window.

Yet, I'm learning God always has a purpose in the midst of frustrations.

I had sat down at the computer ready for a long day of catching up on editing. I've been shooting so much in the heat of wedding season, on top of dealing with hard drives crashing (but thankfully I didn't lose anything before I had time to back things up!), and trying to balance all the unexpected things that keep coming up to problem solve in the day in and day out of running a business. With all this said, editing has not been as productive as I would have liked.

(For my brides, this next part breaks out in to photographer's foreign language.)

So, I started working on a new wedding but realized, with my version of Adobe CS2, I couldn't read my second shooter's files shot with her Canon 40D. I tried to scour around adobe.com for an updated plug in, but all they offered for the 40D was an update for CS3. I know, I know, I should have upgraded to CS3 a long time ago, but, well, that's the procrastinating side of me, always the last to update technology.

Somehow in the midst of my trying to install other plug-ins, I somehow deleted a plug-in where I could no longer view the raw files from my 5D in CS2! Backup, I could view them, but not edit them. This was the point where I almost threw my computer out the window!

After wasting a few hours trying to figure it out and download other updates and what not, I finally gave in and went to the Apple store to buy CS3. Turns out though, not only did I have to get CS3, but I had to update to Leopard in order to use CS3. Great, one more thing to update and take up time when I NEED TO BE EDITING!

But oh my gosh............ now that everything is installed and updated and I've taken a test drive with it, I am now KICKING myself for not upgrading to CS3 earlier! Bridge goes LIGHTNING FAST compared to how slow it would take to load my gazillion Raw files before in CS2! And I've heard Bridge CS3 can edit JPEGs like Raw files, so I'm probably going to switch over to now for the next wedding to start saving memory space on my harddrives. Also, in my first attempts to use Bridge CS3, I'm excited to discover so many more cool ways that my editing can totally be enhanced and vibrant through its new features!

Point of the story, looking back now, I realize, God had to frustrate me enough in order to get me into action to upgrade to that something better He wanted to give me to now make my editing a breeze and so much faster!

So many ways that applies to everyday life. Isn't it crazy how we settle for ordinary so often when God always has so much better in store? Why is it we resist change so much and give into frustrations when all He asks is for us to go with the flow as He refines us into a reflection of His image?

To my brides, thank you for your patience in getting your images while I work through all these computer headaches. Computers, you can't live with them, you can't live without them.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you got it figured out! I can't get CS3 to SAVE ANYTHING right now! & the work is definitely piled up...

April 24, 2008 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Oh no!! Crazy! Computers!

April 24, 2008 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Rene Williams said...

God works in mysterious ways! But He is always there, everywhere, and in every challenge we face. Nothing is too big or too small for Him to help us handle. That's what grace is all about. Thank You Lord for your amazing grace in all things - even computers.

Thank You for helping us to remember that we can do all things through You because You strengthen us!

April 24, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Chenzo Photo LLC said...

Imagine working with film! Darkroom, developer, rolls everywhere. Chemicals, double prints, oh no there was a crack in the film canister! All the images are ruined! I'm sure it wasn't as bad as that, but I'll take computers every time. Well, I actually miss some aspects of film photography. There are some 35mm shots from 2000 that I still marvel at in terms of the richness of color and exposure latitude. And back then I had NOOOOOOO knowledge of camera mechanics. Grass is always greener, I suppose.

April 24, 2008 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Moongypsyi said...

I learned that same lesson this time last year, I got the CS3 premium just as it came out, got it in the mail, loaded it up (after dancing a jig) then, after waiting 3 hours for it to upload, I realized (or rather it screamed at me) that I had to upgrade the OS too!! Well, there went 500+ dollars in o, 24 hours!! Then about four months ago my computer HD died too, ran to compusa during their "closing" specials and bought a new one...yeeeah, I spent a LOT of time banging my head on my desk. When a mac gets mad, it gets mad!! *phew* that felt good to get that out! But, I'm still a mac! Ha!
christina

April 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Denise Skelton said...

Wow, friend. I feel your pain. My external hard drive crashed this week-literally-right to the floor and it doesn't work anymore. Thankfully, I have everything backed up, but STILL. I had to buy another hard drive when I had only had this one since Thanksgiving. Then, the next day, my husband had one of his hard drives crash on his computer. Lovely luck we are having this week. :) Glad yours worked out well!

April 24, 2008 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Yay--welcome to CS3! I got mine just in January.. and hahaha.. I'm still twirling around trying to figure it out ;-)

April 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Oh that stinks!! Just an FYI - I had the same issues - I have a Canon 40D and couldn't shoot RAW because I had CS2, I just dealt with it for a while. But then I got Lightroom, and I discovered that I COULD shoot RAW as Lightroom was compatible with RAW 40D images, then I would export them into CS2!!! TA-DA!!! But, what a great excuse to update to CS3.

April 26, 2008 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rene- God definitely does work in mysterious ways, through the small and big ways and everything in between!

Chris- Ha, I can't even imagine the stress of film!

Christina- LOL, "when a mac gets mad, it gets mad!" So true!

So sorry to hear everyone else's frustrations, but it's awesome to be able to vent each other!

May 1, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.