..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Moi, my ShootSac, and Vegas.
BlogMenu

Mar 16, 2008

Moi, my ShootSac, and Vegas.

One thing that I really believe has helped me as a photographer has been the times I've been in front of the camera. It keeps me reminded of how vulnerable my clients feel to be put on the spot and expected to perform. Plus, ok, so yeah, it's fun to feel like a supermodel for a few moments, and that's why I love to let my brides indulge in their moment in the spotlight too!

Being surrounded by other photographers at the Love Affair Workshop a few weeks ago, of course a few shots are bound to be taken of each other. Here's some random shots my new photographer friends snapped of me.


A nice updated headshot by the queen of retouching, Heather Houston.


And chilly windy sunset beach shot by Crystal Littrell. My soul belongs on the beach. Just warm Floridian beaches, not cold Carolina beaches. :-)


Stuck in a tree. Christy Derr wanted to recreate a cool shot someone else got with a bride the day before. I still have a few battle wounds too from the climbing and getting up and down. I'm getting so old. I can't climb a tree anymore quite like how I used to as a little girl. Then again, it makes it that much harder in stilettos!


The fabulous Kelly Moore took some hottie photos of the girls that were in her mentor group. I've always been a big fan of her work and was excited to have her shoot me!









Our group shot of all the girls in our bathrobes that the Love Affair girls surprised us with upon arrival! It was so cold, I wore mine like a coat most of the week (since the Floridian that I am didn't bring a coat!). :-) Can you figure out which one I am? HINT: I'm in the back!


Me and my boyfriend Mac. Mac is apparently cheating on me with a few other hot girls in this picture. (Thanks to my friend Caroline for the next three photos! Caroline and I used to spend the night at each other's house in middle school. It was awesome to see her again and catch up!)



More on the beach.


Oh yeah, I actually did some shooting at the workshop. My poof and I are in the back. I was trying to get used to the whole "back focus" thing on my 5D, but I've decided against it. Way to many blurry pictures that day b/c I kept forgetting the extra step of pressing it when I'm so used to the shutter focus instead.



And last but not least, a fun butt shot.


Everytime I'm at a gathering and Anne Ruthmann is there, she is the best at capturing photographers in action. I've been meaning to blog about my hot new custom ShootSac cover, so I'm glad she caught me using it! I'm so in love with my new cover! Everyone was asking me who made it, so I'm happy to share my embroiderer's name (Thanks to Jill Higgins who shared her with me originally!). She doesn't have a website, but her name is Sandy and can be emailed at sandra18191@earthlink.net Tell her I sent you her way!

She has a cost you can't beat and the process was so easy! I just sent her the fabric to match my website and a high res jpeg of my logo, and she created the cover and embroidered the logo all together. I was excited to be able to extend my branding even to my ShootSac! It has been awesome for wedding days as an ice breaker for guests to ask for my card. And if you don't have a ShootSac yet, you MUST get one! I couldn't shoot with out it!



Now I'm off to Las Vegas for WPPI, the grandaddy of all photo conferences for wedding photographers. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with other photographer friends and meeting new ones. For the photographers that read my blog, if you see me and recognize me and we haven't met yet, please please please come up and say hello and introduce yourself! I'd love to meet you and I can't wait to see everyone else!

Lots of fun pictures from Vegas to come soon! Then again, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?

Just kidding... Stay tuned.....

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Scarlett, YOur shootsac, how many conpartment has inside. how many lenses can you carry? I went to the website buy you can really see the inside of the shootsac...they only have photos from the different designs.
do you really recomend to buy one.
by the way yours are fabulous with your logo... :D

March 16, 2008 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger jamiedelaine said...

Scarlett, you are such a bombshell! I just saw those pictures of you on Kelly Moore's blog and thought wow, she's gorgeous! I was going to comment there but realized you did a post with them too! So much fun. I love the behind the scenes shots.

March 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Heather Houston said...

You're so fabulous!!! <3

March 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

These are drop dead gorgeous!! Wow, love the tree shot.

March 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 16, 2008 at 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love the 4th one in b/w done by Kelly Moore! your eyes are stunning!

March 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett - you look so beautiful! :)

March 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely stunning! I love the behind the scenes. You girls look like the paparazzi in one of the shots. LOL!!!

~Tiesha

March 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

Love the pics of you! And have a blast in Vegas!!!! :)

March 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm, how beautiful are you?!?! LOVE these pictures!

March 17, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE The Shootsac! It's very cute and creative. You have such a "brand" going - it's fabulous!

March 18, 2008 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger imagepeddler said...

Hiya Scarlett! I saw your site through photographik a while ago! Then I ran into you at the Pictobooks booth at WPPI yesterday... I think it was you; you had a green blouse and newsie hat. Anyway, your work is brilliant! Wish I could have told you that when I met you; after you dropped the album page on the lady's hand :) Hope you had a fun time in Vegas. Vinit (www.purelightfoto.com)

March 19, 2008 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger The Event Essentials said...

What a great blog to stumble across on a Friday :) AWESOME STUFF!! Your bag is to DIE FOR DARLING! I <3 it. Good job with branding your image ;)

March 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scarlett! love your custom shootsac cover...i sooo want one now!! i hear ya on the back-button focusing....i've been trying to get the hang of it but i still end up with a lot of blurry pics too. :/ man, i saw you around vegas a bunch of times but for some reason kept wussying out to say "hi".

March 22, 2008 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Anonymous- I love the Shootsac! I usually carry about 4 lenses, usually one in each pocket, or small lenses, two in each pocket. Just depends on the situation. I can't imagine shooting without it now, so yes I recommend buying it, but I know it's not for everyone. You just have to buy it and try it and then you'll know if it's for you!

Jamie- Thanks girl for the compliments!

Heather- LOL, it takes one to know one!

Rachel- Ha, yeah that tree shot was a lot of work to get up there!

Haley, Jill, Tiesha, Kara, Amy- Thanks!

Rachie- Thanks you marketing guru you!

Imagepeddler- Awww, yep, that was me, I wish you would have said hello! Funny that you remember me dropping an album on someone, I'm sure I did, it was a mad house around those album booths.

Mrs. Designher- Awesome that you found my blog. How did you stumble across it? I checked out your site too, very fun!

Serena- Poo that we didn't get to meet. If our paths ever cross again, please say hello! It would have been great to meet you Serena. I don't bite, promise. :-)

March 24, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Darice Michelle said...

wow, you are so pretty girl!!!!!

I miss you! We haven't hung in a while. I wish I could have gone to that girl seminar with you. Let me know when there's another one and I'm so there!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your sweet words too, I am sorry I have been so out of the loop lately, so much going on over here.

MUAH!!!

March 24, 2008 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Dawn Davis said...

You are so darn GORGEOUS!!!! It's so not fair! I truly enjoyed meeting you in Vegas this year. I hope our paths cross again soon!!!! xoxoxxo Dawn

March 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Darice- Miss you girl!

Dawn- Ha, takes one to know one! Hope to see you again soon!

March 25, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.