..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Rachel and Ariel are engaged!
BlogMenu

Feb 23, 2008

Rachel and Ariel are engaged!

One thing I love capturing on camera is the laugh a couple shares that tells them they want to laugh with that person for the rest of their lives. In editing the Engagement Session of Rachel and Ariel, it was rare to see a photo of them not smiling and laughing with each other. In the beginning of our shoot, they confessed to being shy at showing affection in public, but seeing their laughs together spoke more to me than any other PDA I could have captured for them. I love the challenge of discovering the unique love language each couple shares, and laughter is definitely what Rachel and Ariel speak to each other.

They also brought their other love and first child, Wendy, a cute beagle who was also shy in front of the camera. After a few shots with her, Rachel and Ariel brought out their old fashioned bikes (that they made themselves!) that they love riding up and down Jacksonville Beach together on lazy days. It was so much fun to document something they naturally love to do together.

Here are some of my faves and the slideshow below!  God blessed us with some amazing setting sunshine and I had fun playing around with all the juicy saturated rays backlighting their love! (Gorgeous setting sunshine is a photographer's favorite love language!)
















































Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger adreanna said...

Scarlett, Love how you were able to encourage them to express their obvious affection for one another. What settings do you use to get proper exposure on their faces with that wonderful backlighting? I have trouble getting enough light on the faces without blowing out the background. And I hate to use a flash! Thanks!

February 23, 2008 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scarlett, Ariel and I had so much fun doing these photos. I never imagined they would turn out as they did. You went beyond our expectations! Thank so much for helping us conquer our camera shyness for a day...=)

February 23, 2008 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

LOVE the dog photos!! too freaking cute. This is a super cute and fun session... one of my favs from you!

February 24, 2008 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger The Runyans said...

they are gorgeous! i wish you'd move to tn so we could hang out and become pals!!

February 24, 2008 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger .E. said...

These are so fun.. I think I need to move to FL the weather looks so much better and warmer and you have beaches and cool trees.

February 24, 2008 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Scarlett! Thanks so much for doing such a frikkin awesome job with our pictures! We had a blast taking them! I did my best to portray how much I love Rachel... I think I did alright... hahaha!

February 24, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Adreanna- Honestly, I could care less about blowing the sky. To me what is more important is the exposure on their face. For the photos of them sitting on the beach with the sun behind them, my settings were 1/200 and f/4.5.

Rachel and Ariel- Thanks so much for your feedback! I had a blast with you guys and so excited that you love your photos!

Jess- Thanks girl! Atlantic Beach is always a fun area to shoot!

Jessica- Ha, I know it would be fun to hang. But I could never move away from the beach! I'm a true Florida girl!

E- I know, the beach and palm trees rock! And yes, very nice and warm here! :-)

February 24, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOOOOOVVVEEE them!!! Scarlett, you completely captured the essence of ariel and rachel: love and laughter!

February 24, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love colors! Beautiful story!

February 24, 2008 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

cute!!!
kz

February 25, 2008 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Debbie- Thanks girl!! I'm glad as their friend that you felt like I captured who they truly are!

Yuliya- I know, I love when brides wear the bright colors!

Kenzie- Thanks!

February 25, 2008 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger A Brilliant Photo said...

LOVE your work! You always do such a good job "posing" the couples. And the colors ... sooo beautiful!

February 25, 2008 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Katie Beverley said...

Scarlett! I've been checking your blog somewhat regularly now and I'd love to meet you somday! This is a fabulous set! Really...you got some unbelievable shots! I love the bikes and the flare and how happy they look in all of these! Great job

February 26, 2008 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Mel :o) said...

Great pics of my little brother & future sister-in-law ... they look so relaxed, it's like they're not even in front of a camera :-)
I love your work!

Cheers! - melissa

February 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett, these are adorable. So, so cute!! I really want to call you so we can get caught up. I'm sucking at email lately!!!

February 29, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Sublime Studios said...

I think my fav is the B&W of them looking at each other and laughing... and the dog is looking up at him! There is so much being said in that shot! Great job.

March 2, 2008 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Brilliant Photo- Ha, thanks! I try not to "pose" but simply suggest ideas. A lot of the times they will take an idea and run with it!

Katie- Thanks! I hope to get a chance to meet you too one day! I checked out your blog and you do great work!

Melissa- Awwww, thanks! I hope meet you at the wedding!

Amy- Ha, I know I miss you girl! We totally need to catch up. Everyone was ooing and awwing over your photos of me at the workshop. You have new fans!

Courtney- Cool, that was one of my favorites too! I love the dog's expression!

March 3, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.