..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The things a camera can't capture.
BlogMenu

Jan 6, 2008

The things a camera can't capture.

One thing I hate about being a photographer is the times I want to capture a glimpse of God's beauty that He is showing me and I don't have a a camera in my hands to document it. But then again, a camera probably couldn't capture the true essence of what I saw in the first place.

I had one of those moments tonight watching the colors of the sunset surround me as the sky turned from blue to pink and reflected in the water back up to Heaven.

Before the stress of Monday morning hits me with my long To Do list, I decided to take Rhett to the beach this evening to simply appreciate being alive. I always feel God's presence the most when there is sand between my toes, the wind through my hair, the salty air in my nose, the waves crashing in slow motion, and the setting sun sinking behind the dunes. To me, that is God is in all His glory. And why I love Florida so much.

This morning in Sunday school, they shared a beautiful New Year's prayer that I wanted to type out and share with you too. I hope this blesses the beginning of your new year as you start fresh with new resolutions, new dreams, and new opportunities of growth in all areas personal, spiritual and professional!


Holy Father,

God of our yesterdays, our today, and our tomorrows.

We praise You for Your unequaled greatness.

Thank You for the year behind us and the for the year ahead.

Help us in Your new year, Father, to fret less and laugh more.

To teach our children to laugh by laughing with them.

To teach others to love by loving them.

Knowing, when Love came to the stable in Bethlehem, He came for us.

So that Love could be with us, and we could know You.

That we could share Love with others.

Help us, Father, to hear Your love song in every sunrise,

in the chirping of sparrows in our backyards,

in the stories of our old folks, and the fantasies of our children.

Help us to stop and listen to Your love songs,

so that we may know You better and better.

We rejoice in the world You loved into being.

Thank You for another new year and for new chances every day.

We pray for peace, for light, and for hope, that we might spread them to others.

Forgive us for falling short this past year.

We leave the irreparable past in Your hands, and step out into the unknown new year knowing You will go with us.

We accept Your gift of a new year and we rejoice in what's ahead, depending on You to help us do exactly what You want...

I say it again, we rejoice!

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a great John Mayer song called "3x5" that talks about something similar - not having a camera on hand to capture the moment. You might like it :) Happy New Year to you too!

January 6, 2008 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

:)

January 7, 2008 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger THE PARSONS said...

so incredible to check back on you after the holidays and see the beauty God is continuing to work out in your life, including your new leading man! YOWZAS! Thanks for the stunning christmas card, and we cannot wait to continue getting to know you in this journey. We have a florida destination wedding this summer - maybe we can hook up!

January 7, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Scarlett,
That was so beautifully written! I feel that way sometimes when i see something beautiful in nature. Even at times you have your camera, it still doesn't seem to capture every bit of the moment. I was having a very bad day recently and we went out for a drive to get out of the house and there was a cloud covering the sun. But the sun was so bright that you could see the rays of light beaming around the dark cloud. I don't know if I pay more attention to details like that when I am in need, but it just makes me think when I see that, God is telling me there is a brighter tomorrow around this dark day. As I read the prayer, I could really feel to heart the words and it is nice to connect with something so meaningful and powerful. Thank You for posting it!
Nicole

January 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Erin- Cool, I'll have to download that song!

Ash & Jer- Awesome to hear from you! Keep me posted about your Florida destination wedding! It would be great to meet you!

Nic- I'm so touched by your words! Thanks for sharing! I love the part about the clouds. It's so true!

January 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.