..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: What's on your wishlist?
BlogMenu

Nov 30, 2007

What's on your wishlist?

It's ironic, even though I was born on Christmas, I never really get into the whole gift thing surrounding Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love to give, but I guess what I don't like is the fakeness of having to give a gift because a certain date says we should. I would rather see something in the middle of the year that reminds me of someone and give it to them then. And as far as receiving gifts, I've always just preferred money rather than an object. I think it goes back to middle school when my mom went and bought me all these new clothes from the Limited Too, and I didn't like a single outfit she picked out. So it was back to the mall to exchange it for new things I could pick out myself. After that year, she said "From now on, I'm just giving you gift cards so you can get exactly what you want."

But with all that said, I do love the reason for the season, celebrating Jesus' birthday, and the history behind how the wisemen came from so far to place gifts at his manger simply because they adored him. And I do love how it leaves an example for us to stop the world around us to acknowledge those who are special in our lives through the giving of a gift.

Ok, so not to be all materialistic, but I thought it would be fun to ask everyone, what is on YOUR wishlist this Christmas?? Leave me a comment and let me know. Here's a few on mine!


1. Juicy Couture purse


2. Point and shoot camera


3. iPhone


4. Gucci sunglasses


5. A trip to Paris


6. Mercedes CLK 350


Also, just a reminder, I'm still gathering addresses for those that want me to send them a Christmas card. So if you'd like one, please email me at scarlett@scarlettlillian.com and introduce yourself! I can't believe how many have poured in already. It's fun to discover new friends here on the blog! Thanks everyone!!

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

Dannnnng girl! Santa gonna be broke!!!

November 30, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOLOLOLOLOL. I got a big laugh out of that, Rachel. Yeah my mom always teases me that I have champagne taste. LOL. That's why it's called a "wish" list, right? ;-)

November 30, 2007 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I, too, would like a trip to Paris, an IPhone, a video camera, a tan pea coat, a new bible, new dishes. In addition, I want a happy, drama-free Christmas! I hope Santa brings us all that we want, haha.

Love,
Rachel

November 30, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Susan Justice said...

Okay, first of all, you ARE SO WRONG!!! LoL, =). I was really excited when I saw the Juicy Couture purse... so beautiful!!! But, then, I kept scrolling and there was the iPhone which I'm in love with. THEN, you made it worse and HAD to put Paris on here. ARG, I need to make more money =) lol, what is on your wish list? That purse is gorgeous.. but, just today, I fell in love with the iPhone. A friend of mine from work, let me jump on the net to check my school email. SO COOL!

November 30, 2007 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

you know...this is the first year that I truly do not want anything...I would much rather have something homemade, like cookies or handmade ornaments or something...but your wish list sounds fun, lol.
kenzie

November 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

I take it back...if someone wanted to give me Paris for Christmas...I'm not going to be rude about it, hahaha.
kz

November 30, 2007 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Susan Justice said...

I'm with you on that one Shores Photography, how can you pass up a trip to Paris?

December 1, 2007 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

what a fun wish list!!! :)

December 1, 2007 at 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nailed my wishlist!
& I love your blog design!
-Jackie

December 1, 2007 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger jamiedelaine said...

Girl you have expensive taste!!! :P

Haha-- my wishlist? A cozy Lululemon hoodie, some gingerbread tea, and my family and friends.

December 1, 2007 at 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HHmm what do I want? My "WISH" list includes my first SLR camera (possibly the Canon 40d), Kitchenaid Mixer, and of course the Holiday Barbie (I'm still a kid at heart, I've been collecting them since 1988)!!!!

December 1, 2007 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

Scarlett, you don't want much! lol. Your blog looks just awesome! I love all of your new branding. It's beautiful and so you. Congrats to you on so much wonderful success.

December 2, 2007 at 1:25 AM  
Blogger Jerry in Tampa said...

OK - I'll take any of the duplicates that you receive from your list!
Love you images!

Jerry in Tampa

December 2, 2007 at 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, I'm in for Paris, I would also love Santa to bring me:
(we are wishing right)
David Yurman bracelet
Coach bag
Maid service for a year
Paula Deen cooks at my house for a year (I'm a southern girl)
personal trainer to get off the Paula Deen pounds (haha)
Canon 5d
all the cool glass for the Canon 5d
Personal makeover with a Plastic Surgeon (haha)

December 3, 2007 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, you guys made me laugh! One of my favorite posters hanging on my wall growing up said "Before the reality comes the dream." So I love dreaming big, that's for sure!

Thanks for sharing all of your wishlists too!! Santa is going to be really really broke this year! ;-)

December 3, 2007 at 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love for my mom and husband to get better (health wise), and my son to be happy in school (then I would be happy). On the subject of wish lists, a canon 5D, a shootsac, and a month in europe!!

December 3, 2007 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Christina- Ok, how did I not know you had a son? I thought it was just you and Leroy. Or did you tell me and I forgot?

December 4, 2007 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Ariana's Corner said...

Yep I am with you on this one! Probably the iphone and the mercedes!
Girl you got taste!
I did my wish list too! but getting those things (like the chocolate phone) would be a God thing! lol
Christmas is my fav time a year!
Hopefully ya all get what you want! Merry Christmas all!

Ariana

December 6, 2007 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I told ya about our boy...We've talked about sooo many different things this past two years it's hard to keep up!! I know it's hard for ME to!! HA!
Yup, he's nine now :) I'll email pics :)

January 3, 2008 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

I know this is an old post but I would like a card this coming Christmas. I'm on your blog once again for inspiration...gotta keep fueling the fire!!

April Hollingsworth Photography
5100 Old Birmingham Hwy #2505
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404

February 18, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.