..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: What does Google say about you?
BlogMenu

Oct 11, 2007

What does Google say about you?

So from time to time I google myself because I'm always curious what new things are being said about me in the world of cyberspace. It's also fun to discover who links to me and what others are saying about my photography.

But every now and then I discover something that makes my eyes go wide. To prove that anything you do on the internet is permanently recorded forever, I ran across a really really really old blog I had totally forgotten about that I used to keep right after college. It was crazy to read back over my life and the thoughts swirling around in my head that I so vulnerably put out there to the world. (Not that I really had any blog readers considering I only posted about 4 entries, and that was before blogs were cool!) I couldn't help but reflect on the very first blog entry which started like this:

April 24, 2004

1. I don't know what the future holds for my career.
2. I don't know what the future holds for my love life.
3. I don't know what the future holds for my mom's health.


I went on to ramble about each of them and all the insecurities that surrounded each situation. To give the nutshell version of each:

1. At this time, I was in between post-college jobs so clueless what direction God wanted me to go in.
2. I was in the midst of breaking up with my first love.
3. My mom's mammogram showed a few suspicious spots.

And it was just so amazing to remember that scared 22-year-old girl that I was, and how far I've come come in the past 4 years.

1. Woo hoo, after trying out 4 different careers, I finally figured out that I was meant to be a photographer!
2. Ok, this one I still have no clue about, but I have faith God knows what He's doing.
3. Praise Jesus, my mom is now a cancer SURVIVOR!!!!

College was a great experience, but I feel like these past 4 years after it, that I've been in the college of life learning an education through the highs and lows of simply living. There have been amazing moments, confusing moments, blessed moments, crumbling moments, content moments, depressing moments, on top of the world moments, and more. But all in all I can look back and see God's hand and purpose in each moment as He continued to guide me to where I am today. It was a good wake up call to read this as a reminder that waiting on God's best isn't always easy, but it is always worth the wait when we keep our eyes fixated on Him. (I needed that reminder for #2 especially, ha!) In appropriate timing, this morning in my quiet time, I read the verse:

Jesus said "I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest." ~John 10:10


That's one thing I never hope to lose sight of, is living life to the fullest in every moment we are given.

Walking through fears.

Thinking outside of the box.

Having the courage to do things that would make others gasp.

Walking the narrow path.

And loving and serving those that God puts in my path.

I pray that your life is full of all of the above too! And I'm curious, where were you 4 years ago? Leave me a comment and tell me your story!

This is me in 2004. Look how crazy short my hair was. It was all part of the trying to find myself phase, so I went from hair down to the middle of my back to chopping it all off on a whim. Never again will I go that short! I need big hair! :-) (Mom was going through a bad hair year too. )

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

4 years ago I was a Junior in high school. I still thought I wanted to attend UGA (ick), I thought I wanted to be a vet, I won the area championship for horse judging and I dedicated myself to missions. It's so awesome to look back and realize not only how far we've come, but also how much God intervened in the plans that we had constructed for ourselves so that His will could shine through :D I love to see how much you give glory to God in all you do!

October 11, 2007 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

That's such an awesome testimony, Scarlett! When reading the post I kept thinking of Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you . . . plans to give you hope and a future"

I love hearing testimonies like yours that show how God is in control and He knows the plans he has for your life!

October 11, 2007 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Shara Lana said...

Scarlett,
I have been coming by to see what you are all about. As a fellow photographer, I so admire your creations and as a Christian, I admire your strong Faith. You are a Beautiful Being and I know you make your Mama proud and more importantly, God proud! You are a great role model for so many. Your pictures paint you as such a fun and vibrant lady, one that I hope to one day meet!!! I can not wait to see where God leads you. I am sure it is beyond any imaging that we can do. Hold on to Him tight, you are in for a thrilling ride! Best to you always,
Shara Lana

October 11, 2007 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Soul Sisters said...

Aww...your hair is cute short. But you are so very glamorous with it long! :) Hmmm...four years ago...I was still teaching school. Wow. That seems like a million years ago.

October 11, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute picture!

I just love the blog entry. Your words of advice brought tears to my eyes because of how much they apply to my life right now!

See you soon!
Rachel

October 12, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Markissaearle said...

Hello!
I really enjoyed reading your blog post today. Yes, I would have to say that 5-4 years ago things were a little out of hand. Hard times. Yet in it all, I found the purpose for my life, I found "mee" somewhere in there with God's help. Of course with out God I would probably be right back in that stage.

4 Years ago I found out that the baby I was prego with had a cleft lip and pallete and would need a surgery probably at least every year for 18-20 more years. I was in a new place(kind of mad that I had left my Florida Love to move to Nova Scotia Canada), no friends, and all I wanted to do was go back to my career of being a secretary for my boss who was a man who was a peace mediator between the Jews and Arabs in Israel. And all I found myself being was an unhappy new mother, feeling so alone and faced with alot of challenges. Amazingly enough, that is where I found out who I was and what I actually wanted to do with my life.

The hard times gave the inspiration I needed to push myself to get to where I wanted to be.

4 years eh? Not that long ago, but still, it feels like I have accomplished so much. Thanks for the sharring time
Cheerio
-Melissa E Earle

October 12, 2007 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Lauren- I loved this line: "It's so awesome to look back and realize not only how far we've come, but also how much God intervened in the plans that we had constructed for ourselves so that His will could shine through :D". SOOOOO true!

Kara- I love Jer 29:11. One of my favorite verses.

Shara- Thanks for introducing yourself and for all your encouraging words!!

Jill- Ha, yeah you work short hair better than me!

Rachel- Glad my words could be a source of comfort in the midst of your own crazy times. Thanks for all being there for me through the years!

Melissa- WOW, what a beautiful story. Beautiful in the sense of how you are able to look back over it and see God's presence and enduring love in the midst of it, even though you didn't understand it all while you were going through it. I'm going to email you a story I read today that reminded me of your story. :-)

October 12, 2007 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Susan Justice said...

When I read this post, I knew I had to respond. I'm Susan, we met at Taliah and Mark's wedding. I introduced myself while you were shooting their cake.

You mentioned that at that time you were going through a breakup with your first true love. Well, same goes for me. I was actually engaged to the man of dreams and was planning my wedding January of 2004. I received a phone from him and he was calling the wedding off. As horrible as it sounds, it is one of the biggest blessings that God could have ever given me. My relationship with God was like a beautiful love story. Imagine someone making me smile even when I felt like I couldn't breathe, imagine someone loving me more than life itself... imagine someone giving me peace and hope that everything will be okay. Well, thats just what God did. I relied on Him so strongly. He carried me the whole way. Sure there were rough times and I was sad, but ultimately I could walk out of my house and put a smile on face. I always knew that God had everything under control and I have nothing to fear. When the breakup happened, I was constantly reflecting my emotions almost daily in my journal. Unfortunately, I do not have a passage for April 24, 2004.. I thought I'd share April 2, 2004 with you. It starts off, "Eric darling, where are you? My heart constantly asks for you..." "Until I hear from you, I will keep praying for you. I'll always pray for you. I miss you so terribly at times to where I feel lik I can't stop crying, however, God has ben my source of strength. He is why I live in peace today..."

The actual passage is much longer, but I'm trying to keep it short and I know that I'm failing miserably. You see Scarlett, I don't mind sharing my story because I know what God did for me. I know that my situation isn't even comparable to many people... but, it goes to show that God is able to carry us and He loves us beyond measure. I always rested assure that if God loved me so much that He would die for me, then I knew that His plan and will for my life will be AWESOME. We have no reason to worry or fret... if we put our hands into His hands and if we'll allow Him to carry us!

God Bless!
Susan

October 22, 2007 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Wow Susan, what a beautiful testimony! I loved it! God is so good. I saw an analogy once in a movie that showed how we are like a glass vase that sometimes God has to drop and shatter into a million pieces to be able to pick up the pieces and recreate us into a more beautiful creation. It sounds like that is what He has been doing in both of our lives! Thanks for your transparency in sharing your story and your encouraging words!

:-)

October 25, 2007 at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.