..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Special prayer request please!
BlogMenu

Oct 30, 2007

Special prayer request please!

And old journal entry:

******

May 16, 2004

Well, it's official. Momma has cancer. I don't really know what to think of it. When other people find out, they go into the "Oh I'm so sorry, you must be taking it hard," thing, but honestly I'm not. I think it's because I'm living in denial. Like, I like to believe that this is just an obstacle to bring us my family closer to God by relying on his strength during the hard times vs. I just can't believe that God would take my mom away from me when he knows how important she is to me. I've always said that she is my soul mate. She is just the one person who knows what I'm thinking without me having to say it, and she is my number one cheerleader in life who would do anything in the world for me. It's the simple things I would miss like today I was laying in bed reading and got hungry, so I called her downstairs on my cell phone and asked if she could make me something. Then, without hesitation, she stops what she's doing and makes me a grilled cheese sandwich and homemade french fries. Like, who else in the world thinks enough of me to do that? Some people might look at that as I'm spoiled, but honestly, I look at it as she is the ultimate example of true love that I hope to be able to give to people one day.

Despite my being in denial, last Friday I had my first day of actually breaking down over the whole cancer thing. My parents had gone out of town and after going out with my friends I came home to an empty house. It just hit me that night, like, if something happens to my mom, this is what it will always be like, coming home to an empty house without her stirring things up in the kitchen or reading her books in the library or coming downstairs with "My boo boo, how are you?" So it hit hard and when I got upstairs in my room, I just dropped to the floor in tears.

That's the only time I've cried over the cancer thing. Since then I've gone back into denial, or maybe it's hope... cause like my grandma had breast cancer and survived it, so I'm trying to have faith that if my grandma can get through it, my mom certainly can. Then again, my mom's lump is pea size when my grandma's was just a sesame seed, but still.. with modern day technology and tons of prayer, I'm trying my best to have faith that God will save her.

So for the people reading this, please take a moment to pray for my mom and her health.. and the well-being of those who are close to her. God knows I need all the patience and strength I can get too.

Scarlett


******

Since that journal entry, my mom is now a survivor. 2004 was full of chemo, radiation, losing her hair, losing her right breast and almost losing her life after the chemo became toxic in her system. But after a rush to the emergency room, on Christmas Day 2004, God graced us with a miracle and she's been on the upswing since then.

This blog entry is a special prayer request. Tomorrow my mom goes in for an extensive amount of 2-days of tests to see if her breast cancer has had any reoccurance. With a 75% chance that breast cancer does reoccur, my mom is always scared that it will creep up again, especially considering how bad her case was. I'm so thankful for months like this month that promote breast cancer awareness. This is a serious epidemic, and we need a cure! Thank you to those out there who have supported in one way or another. (It's fun to see so much pink flooding the stores this month!)

For tomorrow, please pray for God's healing touch over my mom, for God's comfort to calm her fears, for God's wisdom to work through the doctors, and for God's patience as we wait to find out results.

I was looking for an old photo to post here on the blog during the time she was going through her treatment, and I ran across an old disc of images that I thought I would create as a slideshow to share with you guys. I almost forgot about these photos, as a way to block the pain I guess, but today I got teary eyed just looking at them all over again. When she found out she had the cancer, my mom asked me to document her journey with my point and shoot camera, but it's funny how at the time, taking pictures was the last thing I wanted to do. I think deep down I was just a scared little girl who wanted my mommy to be ok, not be a photographer. If I had known at the time, it was all part of my training for becoming a professional photographer in the years to come.

Here is a collection of the pictures we have from 2004. It takes you through various doctor's visits, MRIs, the faces we met along the way, chemo treatments, the first hair cut when her hair was beginning to fall out, wig shopping, and then the hospital visit during Christmas that was the turning point for her healing miracle.

These are straight out of my cheap point and shoot camera, no editing.



Now a days, my mom is writing a book about giving hope to cancer patients. She keeps a blog of her journey writing the book and to provide daily inspiration for others. I'd love for you to check it out and show her some love! And if you know someone going through cancer, please send her blog their way. She is also available for speaking to groups if you know of an opportunity she can minister in that way!

www.gotcancergethope.blogspot.com

Thanks everyone for your prayers!!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger www.redhouseonmain.com said...

That was so touching I cried like a baby. Please tell your Mom thank you so much for sharing her story, when words would just not do. I was very touched and my consciousness and awareness certainly heightened. My thoughts and prayers are with her and your entire family today! ~ Ricki

October 29, 2007 at 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad your mom is doing well. A friend of mine did not have such luck and is a hospice patient now and is in the final stages of the disease. She was already stage 3 by the time she was diagnosed and the cancer had spread alot. Her name is Lori. She had a beauty salon for many years until she got sick. It is so hard for me to see her like that. I feel so completely helpless.

October 30, 2007 at 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U bet my prayers will be with you!!! I can't wait to get an update that she is completely cancer free.

October 30, 2007 at 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran across your website the other week (starting to get into wedding photography myself I have been looking to study the work of the best peeps out there, that's you!) and have really enjoyed your work, but mostly I love that you put the Lord out there and acknowledge Him in all your ways! I don't know you and you don't know me, but I will be praying for you and your mom today, be strong and couragous, the Lord is with you no matter what! noelle.

October 30, 2007 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful... It is certainly easy to see where your beautiful spirit came from - a beautiful and amazing mother. You are all in my prayers, and I will be anxious to hear an update!

October 30, 2007 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these photos - I know how much it took to share these with the world. I can't imagine what you were feeling on the days you took the photos. Your photos really do tell the story of survival.

October 30, 2007 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

I'll be praying for your mom...and you. I trust all the tests will be clear and your mother will continue being a beautiful survivor.
xoxo...

October 30, 2007 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Christina LeMarr & Susan Hanson said...

I pray that the Lord will comfort her and wrap her in his strong loving arms and protect her from this illness from coming back!!!
**It's crazy, but you posted this yesterday, and it was yesterday my mom got results from tests to find out if she had cancer and so far she doesn't! Praise God!! She will have to have a procedure to help with some other problems, and they will test her again to dbl make sure. But I'm sooo estatic it came back negative, and I will pray hard for the same for your mom.
Christina

October 30, 2007 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger THE PARSONS said...

We are praying for you today and for your beautiful mother. What touching love you two obviously have for each other - that is part of heaven on earth, Scarlett! Much love and blessings from us!

October 30, 2007 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Hey Scarlett,

I read your blog entry earlier this morning, but I couldn't find the words that I want to say. I still can't. Just know that your Mother is in my thoughts and prayers. Although, photography was the last thing on your mind, you did a beautiful job documenting her journey.

Crystal

October 30, 2007 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

I'll be praying for your mom and family, Scarlett.

October 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Hi Scar,

I'll continue to keep you, your mom and your family in my prayers. Not sure how this goes but I always love this verse in the Bible, "when there are two or more gathered in my name, then there I am in the midst of them." Prayer works! :)

Thank you for sharing the slideshow.

October 31, 2007 at 1:20 AM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

wow, your family is definitly in our prayers.

October 31, 2007 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Shara Lana said...

Scarlett, I don't know where God is leading you, but I know he will be with you and your family every step of the way. That slideshow was SO powerful! It has devine power. I have watched the pink campaign from the sidelines long enough. I guess that I believed it has not affected me, so I thought, but it does and your Mother's story, through your camera, made me see just that. I don't know what I am going to do just yet but I want to help make a difference. AND I really think that it is through my camera,maybe volunteering to tell others' stories like this. Powerful. My prayers are definitely with your Mother and you and your Daddy!

October 31, 2007 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

:-) :-) :-)

November 1, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Amy DeYoung said...

Scarlett - me being so close to my mom as well... I can barely see through tears to type this - lol! Wow. The beauty and the strength that comes through in this video... of both you and your mom. wow. Glad to hear she is cancer free!!!

November 2, 2007 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Amy- Awww Amy, your tears mean so much to me. Thanks for sharing in the joy of it all with me! Miss you!

November 5, 2007 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett,

Just perusing your blog today and came across this older post. Oh man... the tears flowed as I watched the slideshow of your mom's journey. How heartbreaking and triumphant in the very same breath! There is just no love and connection like that of a mother and daughter. Makes me want to drive 3.5 hours to go give my own mother a hug!
On a side note: I recognized Rhea from some of the pics. She is an awesome lady that I've known for years now. We just reconnected at Mandarin Baptist-- the church I grew up in.
Hugs to you and your mom!
Cheryl Lester

February 26, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Cheryl- Hey girl! Yes, go hug your mom! You truly don't appreciate your parents until you realize you might lose them. Rea is a wonderful friend to my mom and the one who pushed my mom to get a mammogram in the first place. Truly an angel God sent her way and we are forever thankful for Rea's role in the whole situation. I didn't know you grew up at Mandarin Baptist! I did too!! Small world!

March 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.