..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Answer to prayer!
BlogMenu

Oct 31, 2007

Answer to prayer!

My mom had her final test and had just spoken with the doctor about the results. She and I came out of the ladies dressing room, and we called my dad over. He walked up and had that look of "Well, what's the answer?" in his eyes, but we took him aside and I said "It's time to do a circle dance! Momma is cancer free!" And we circled around singing our "do to do to do" song knowing everyone in the waiting room was staring at us. But we didn't care.

It probably sounds funny, but circle dances have become a tradition in our family. Anytime the three of us have any good news, we'll grab the hands of the others and circle around celebrating. It has become some of my favorite moments spent with my parents as we celebrate what the Lord has blessed us with that day.

So after two days of doctor's visits with my mom and endless mammograms, MRIs, CAT scans, and sonograms, I'm excited to share that she remains cancer free! Thank you sooooo much to everyone on here who surrounded my mom in prayer. She's been keeping up with all your sweet comments, and your encouragement means the world to her, and me too!

Here's a cute pic of my parents from a few months ago.

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Shara Lana said...

WOO HOO!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the circle dance! Can your family adopt me?? Ya'll sound SO COOL!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog. You know the heart of a person if they Love Pollyanna! ;)

October 31, 2007 at 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I also said a prayer for her this evening when picking up my child from school. Leah

October 31, 2007 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I'm rejoicing with your family!! :)

October 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

WONDERFUL update! I'm so glad and happy for your mom and your family!

October 31, 2007 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

That is great news! I am so happy for the three of you! I know how hard that process is, but God knows why he does things the way he does :)

October 31, 2007 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

Your family was in my thoughts and prayers today, I am just thrilled to hear this great news! God is faithful!

October 31, 2007 at 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Dance!!! God is awesome!!

November 1, 2007 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing - this is wonderful news. Let your mom know I'm thinking about her and praying for her. I love the circle dance and song - what a great way to share in God's blessings together.

November 1, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Hybrid Photography said...

Yayyyy!!! I'm so glad to hear that!!

November 1, 2007 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

AWESOME News!!!!!

November 1, 2007 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Carla Jean said...

SO GLAD!!!!!!

November 1, 2007 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Susan Justice said...

Scarlett, thank you so much for sharing this story. I would have loved to join in on the "do to do to do to" dance. To God be all the glory for your Mother's victory against cancer. God is an AWESOME God... He holds the answer to all of our needs.

Praise God!

November 1, 2007 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thank you soooooo much everyone for joining in the celebration! I have the best friends here!

November 1, 2007 at 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your mom thats wonderful news.. My mom is also currently cancer free... her last screen was fine as well

November 1, 2007 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

That's awesome Elizabeth!

November 1, 2007 at 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for your Mom and the rest of your family! What a blessing!

November 2, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Jen Harris said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!! Praise GOD!!!!

November 2, 2007 at 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tré tré cool!

November 2, 2007 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Woo hoo horray praise God and tre tre cool back to you all! :-)

November 5, 2007 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Sindee said...

I would just like to say reading your blog is like a breath of fresh air. My mom also had breast cancer 15 years ago and is also cancer free today! Which is why I so LOVED the slideshow of your Mom's journey through treatment! Truly an inspirational moment!

November 7, 2007 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hi Sindee! Praise Jesus about your mom too! :-)

November 7, 2007 at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.