..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: I found that something more.
BlogMenu

Sep 21, 2007

I found that something more.



Tonight, I had one of those surreal moments when everything you have been working so hard for all fast forwards from beginning to the present moment in less than a second.

I went to my favorite grocery store, Publix. (Seriously, like a mecca of grocery stores) I've been going to this one particular Publix since the day I moved into my condo a few years ago. To this day I remember my first few trips to the grocery store and how they were so theraputic for me. I had just moved out of my parents house, and something about buying my own groceries felt so "big girl" to me. However, I was in that phase in life so confused on what direction to take in my career. Not only had I just moved out of my parents, I had just broken up with the guy I thought I was going to marry, and I had just quit my nice corporate job that I had got comfortable with the secure biweekly paychecks. It was a big risk and everyone thought I was crazy to give up such a great job. But like my theme song of the moment said by Sugarland:

There's gotta be something more
Gotta be more than this
I need a little less hard times
I need a little more bliss
I'm gonna take my chances
Taking a chance I might
About what I'm looking for
There's gotta be something more


And I was determined to find it while I was still young and able to. I was definitely having a mid 20s life crisis.

Who was Scarlett Lillian? What was her calling in life? What was she meant to pursue career wise? What were her passions? Who was she really supposed to marry if not the past two guys she had thought were the ones?

I'm still waiting for God to reveal the answer to the last one, but it's so amazing to be in a place of peace now all this time later knowing the other answers.

Scarlett Lillian is a photographer.

Whew. No more wondering, no more searching to find myself, no more career A.D.D. jumping around to different jobs trying to figure out what is best for me. I know now in the depths of my heart that photography is my calling and I truly love every minute of it.

So back to yesterday. I was in my Publix at the checkout line and who do I see on the cover of the new People magazine but Jenny McCarthy.

"Ha, there's Jenny, still got the same hairdo from when I photographed her a few months ago," I thought to myself so casually.

Then I kind of stopped and looked around for a second thinking "Wow, I remember the days when I used to walk around this grocery store so clueless about who I was and what I wanted out of life and now here I am in the same grocery just a few years later having already photographed the person that is currently on the cover of frickin' PEOPLE MAGAZINE!"

It was just one of those moments when you can look back at your life and realize how far you have come. In your career. As a person. As the woman God has created you to be. And it's awesome to be in that phase in life where I can look back and also see the many seeds of faith I planted now growing into a harvest of God's blessings.

As I flipped through the magazine while my check out girl was ringing me up, she asked, "Are you going to get that magazine, too?"

"Nah," I said and put it back on the shelf. Then thinking to myself, "I don't need the mag, I already have a ton of photos I took of Jenny myself."

Click here to view the entry from my old blog to see some of the photos I shot of her. It's so refreshing to see a celebrity use her spotlight for something positive in this crazy day and age of rehab, jail and partying. Go Jenny! I know many mothers applaud you for your efforts!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger jamiedelaine said...

Love this post. It makes me smile so much; God is so good. I love moments like these; I've had a few as well! Not as major as yours; but just God's little way of letting me know I'm on the right track.

September 22, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

:)

September 23, 2007 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool story.. Personally I find your work amazing and very inspiring.. I am glad you are a photographer.. and I think its awesome you got to Work with Jenny I hear she is a really awesome person

September 23, 2007 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

That's awesome Scarlett! You are definitely blessed to know your direction in life. I'm on the verge of 30 and still not sure of mine. I'm working on it though. :)

September 23, 2007 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Oh Happy Blog! said...

Scarlett-

This post was wonderful... sure the story was heartfelt- but what's more... it really makes me feel like all of the craziness that I am experiencing in my own life (with reguards to just starting out and having ambitious dreams) may one day actually come to surface as a reality... sometimes it seems that the road ahead is winding and everlasting- thus it is so encouraging to know that there are others who have traveled their own paths and have made it to a point that they can look back and see quite an amazing trail left behind... keep doing what you do...

-Danielle

September 24, 2007 at 6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those "AHA" moments are what make eveyrthng worth it. Glad you had a fun time shooting Jenny McCarthy. Jim Carrey is supposed to be one of the nicest guys (in talking with the nurses at St. Jude because he has visited the kids there) so it seems fitting that she would also be so wonderful as well.

Take care!
Jen

September 24, 2007 at 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I still feel lost in the grocery store - mostly because I can't ever remember where everything is all the time and it's always freezing in there, hehe. I'm so proud of you!

September 24, 2007 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jamie- Glad to hear you are having your own moments of confirmation! God is good!

Elizabeth- Yeah she was cool!

Katie- Ha, well from the looks of it, it looks like you are finding your calling in photography too!

Danielle- What a beautiful entry. You will find your way too all in God's perfect timing.

Jen- Oh that's awesome that Jim Carrey is getting involved in St. Jude's. Maybe you'll run across him in the halls one day! I hope sweet Allison is doing great!

Rachel- Ha!

September 24, 2007 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

I completely identify with that song. That CD has been in my car's player for as long as it's been out... and I used to sing that song on the way to work every day. As you know, eventually I quit and now when I hear it, it makes me happy :)

September 24, 2007 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ha ha... it totally doesn't surprise me that it's your theme song too! GO US for having the courage to find that something more!

September 25, 2007 at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.