..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: An email to God.
BlogMenu

Sep 18, 2007

An email to God.



Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ~ John 3:3


Dear Lord,

Thirteen years ago, you gave me the greatest gift of all. You baptized me in Your holy water, washing me clean and giving birth to a new life ahead. Though at the time I didn't exactly understand the point of it all as a young 14-year-old, I thank you for opening my eyes later in college to understand the depths of Your love as personal, relevant and intimate. We have been on quite the exciting journey together as I've struggled to do things my own way, find joys in other idols of this world, and ultimately come back to You time and time again asking for forgiveness in the times I've gone astray. Thank You for the grace to always take me back as I also learn about the grace to forgive others as well. I continue to grow in Your peace and learn the beauty of serving others, but in all the ways I'm not perfect, You are. In all the ways I am weak, You are strong.

As we celebrate my baptism birthday today, I pray that You will continue to use my gifts You have given me to make a difference in the lives I come across daily as we continue to walk hand in hand down this beautiful path You are leading me down. May I always trust that You provide just enough light for each step I'm on. Thank you for being my Father of protection and guidance, my Lover of romancing my heart, my King Who rules over all the heavens and earth, and my Best Friend in Who all I confide and share joy with. Here's to many more fabulous years ahead with You!

With all my heart,
Scarlett

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11

September 18, 2007 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

What a gorgeous sunset. How humbling to know that God is the ultimate source of creativity, no two sunsets are the same. Amazing!

September 18, 2007 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

amazing work. love what you have done! the Lord is strong and with HIM, you can do anything. keep it up!

September 18, 2007 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- That's one of my favorite verses! :-)

Rachel Brooke- Yep, He is the ultimate Creator! He continues to take my breath away with His paintings in the sky.

Jessica- Amen to that!

September 18, 2007 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger padiserene said...

AMEN!

Couldn't have said it better.

Your image is breathtaking!

September 19, 2007 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger jamiedelaine said...

That picture is gorgeous. Wow! A baptism birthday? how NEAT! I gotta go back and look at the date of my Baptism now. I was just baptized about 6 months ago in my church. :)

September 19, 2007 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Alicia- Thanks girl!

Jamie- Yeah, my parents and I have always celebrated my baptism birthday. You should definitely keep track of your too! Congrats you new born you!

September 19, 2007 at 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful, Scarlett! God is so good! :)

September 19, 2007 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger THE PARSONS said...

you really amaze me. I don't know you, but I admire your zeal to be passionate about your life - it shows in your work, and the fact that you would just lay out your love for Jesus Christ in front of the world -clients, other photographers, or random passer by's is truly inspiring. It makes me wish I knew you, and glad I'll at least bump in to you in eternity.

September 19, 2007 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awwww Ashley, what a beautiful comment. That really touched my heart. Thank you so much! I hope to meet you at some point along our journey!

September 20, 2007 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

You are so amazing!!!!!!!!

September 20, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Randi Martin said...

Now I know what Heaven looks like. WOW!
~Randi (Always Fabulous Events)

September 25, 2007 at 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have come across your blog just recently and I am so blessed by your surrendered heart. I pray that God will open heaven and pour out so much blessing that you are unable to contain it all.

You ARE a "rock", Scarlett!! You go girl!

November 9, 2007 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww thanks Annette! I pray the same for you! Thanks for saying hi!

November 9, 2007 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I just came across this "older post" when looking for inspiration in my new found love for photography.

I love how you glorified the Lord in truth and deed! It made me smile...

Agape sister.

sam
lovecherishbloom.blogpot.com

July 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ha, yes, this IS an old entry! Thanks for sharing the Christian love Sam!

July 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.